Glen Keane at Calarts yesterday.
Nice to see him animating and still being in love with it.
And oh so nice to listen to the sound of rolling paper
Colors of the Wind charcoal animation by Glen Keane
Glen Keane’s Ideal Animator
- CRITICAL - continually striving to improve
- IMAGINATION - thinks creatively
- HEART - feels what he draws
- INTUITIVE - principles become second nature
- PERFORMER - satisfaction in entertaining audiences
- DRAFTSMAN - drawing has a spark of life
- TEAM PLAYER - works well with anyone - the ultimate team sport
Give something NEW to the audience
See a lot more than is there
Learn to Observe - make judgments when you look at something, use words
1. break scenes into phrases “bite size chunks”
2. show how the character feels
3. find something to relate to
4. feel confident about your scene
5. have something of interest all the time
Mr.Keane is all these things
Glen Keane talks about some of the more difficult characters he’s had to draw.